PMD 6.31.0 released
30 January 2021
30-January-2021 - 6.31.0
The PMD team is pleased to announce PMD 6.31.0.
This is a minor release.
Table Of Contents
New and noteworthy
PMD now supports the Static Analysis Results Interchange Format (SARIF)
as an additional report format. Just use the command line parameter
-format sarif to select it.
SARIF is an OASIS standard format for static analysis tools.
PMD creates SARIF JSON files in SARIF version 2.1.0.
An example report can be found in the documentation in Report formats for PMD.
- The C++ module now supports the new option
which can be used to avoid detection of some uninteresting clones. This options has been
introduced with PMD 6.30.0 for C# and is now available for C++ as well. See #2963.
The new Apex rule
OverrideBothEqualsAndHashcode brings the well known Java rule
to Apex. In Apex the same principle applies:
hashCode should always be overridden
together to ensure collection classes such as Maps and Sets work as expected.
The new Visualforce rule
VfHtmlStyleTagXss checks for potential XSS problems
<style> tags on Visualforce pages.
AvoidUsingShortType: arithmetic on shorts is not significantly
slower than on ints, whereas using shorts may provide significant memory savings in arrays.
SimplifyStartsWith: the suggested code transformation has an
insignificant performance impact, and decreases readability.
- #2953: [core] Support SARIF JSON Format
- #2970: [core] PMD 6.30.0 release is not reproducible
- #2994: [core] Fix code climate severity strings
- #575: [java] LiteralsFirstInComparisons should consider constant fields
- #2454: [java] UnusedPrivateMethod violation for disabled class in 6.23.0
- #2833: [java] NPE in UseCollectionIsEmptyRule with enums
- #2876: [java] UnusedPrivateField cannot override ignored annotations property
- #2957: [java] Ignore unused declarations that have special name
- #2960: [java] Thread issue in MethodNamingConventionsRule
- #3006: [java] NPE in SingularFieldRule with concise resource syntax
- #2976: [java] CompareObjectsWithEquals: FP with array.length
- #2977: [java] 6.30.0 introduces new false positive in CloseResource rule?
- #2979: [java] UseEqualsToCompareStrings: FP with “var” variables
- #3004: [java] UseEqualsToCompareStrings false positive with PMD 6.30.0
- #3062: [java] CloseResource FP with reassigned stream
- #2296: [java] Deprecate rule AvoidUsingShortType
- #2740: [java] Deprecate rule SimplifyStartsWith
- #3088: [java] AvoidInstantiatingObjectsInLoops - false positive with Collections
- #3081: [vf] VfUnescapeEl: Inherently un-XSS-able built-in functions trigger false positives
- The method
GenericToken#getKind has been added as experimental. This
unifies the token interface for both JavaCC and Antlr. The already existing method
AntlrToken#getKind is therefore experimental as well. The
returned constant depends on the actual language and might change whenever the grammar
of the language is changed.
- 116 commits
- 40 closed tickets & PRs
- Days since last release: 49