PMD 6.42.0 released
29 January 2022
29-January-2022 - 6.42.0
The PMD team is pleased to announce PMD 6.42.0.
This is a minor release.
Table Of Contents
New and noteworthy
Now language features like template strings can be parsed. However Rhino does
not support all features of the latest EcmaScript standard.
- The new Java rule
FinalParameterInAbstractMethod detects parameters that are
declared as final in interfaces or abstract methods. Declaring the parameters as final is useless
because the implementation may choose to not respect it.
<rule ref="category/java/codestyle.xml/FinalParameterInAbstractMethod" />
The rule is part of the quickstart.xml ruleset.
- The Apex rule
ApexDoc has a new property
If set to
false (default is
true if unspecified) doesn’t report missing ApexDoc comments on properties.
It allows you to enforce ApexDoc comments for classes and methods without requiring them for properties.
- #3328: [core] designer.bat errors when JAVAFX_HOME contains spaces
- #3698: [java] Error resolving Symbol Table
- #3209: [java] UnusedPrivateMethod false positive with static method and cast expression
- #3468: [java] UnusedPrivateMethod false positive when outer class calls private static method on inner class
- #3679: [java] Make FinalFieldCouldBeStatic detect constant variable
- #3644: [java] InvalidLogMessageFormat: false positives with logstash structured logging
- #3686: [java] ReturnEmptyCollectionRatherThanNull - false negative with conditioned returns
- #3701: [java] MissingStaticMethodInNonInstantiatableClass false positive with method inner classes
- #3721: [java] ReturnEmptyCollectionRatherThanNull - false positive with stream and lambda
- #3492: [java] UselessStringValueOf: False positive when there is no initial String to append to
- #3639: [java] UseStringBufferLength: false negative with empty string variable
- #3712: [java] InsufficientStringBufferDeclaration false positive with StringBuilder.setLength(0)
- 88 commits
- 35 closed tickets & PRs
- Days since last release: 62