PMD 6.53.0 released
31 December 2022
31-December-2022 - 6.53.0
The PMD team is pleased to announce PMD 6.53.0.
This is a minor release.
Table Of Contents
New and noteworthy
- The Java rule
UnusedPrivateField has a new property
This is a list of fully qualified names of the annotation types that should be reported anyway. If an unused field
has any of these annotations, then it is reported. If it has any other annotation, then it is still considered
to be used and is not reported.
- #4248: [core] Can’t analyze sources in zip files
- #4146: [apex] ApexCRUDViolation: Recognize User Mode in SOQL + DML
- #4266: [java] PMD fails to process a record with lambda in compact constructor
- #4166: [java] UnusedPrivateField doesn’t find annotated unused private fields anymore
- #4250: [java] WhileLoopWithLiteralBoolean - false negative with complex expressions still occurs in PMD 6.52.0
- #2127: [java] Deprecate rules ExcessiveClassLength and ExcessiveMethodLength
- #4164: [java][doc] AvoidAssertAsIdentifier and AvoidEnumAsIdentifier - clarify use case
- #4210: [java] DoNotUseThreads report duplicate warnings
These classes / APIs have been deprecated and will be removed with PMD 7.0.0.
- #4244: [apex] ApexCRUDViolation: user mode and system mode with test cases added - Tarush Singh (@Tarush-Singh35)
- #4274: [java] Fix finding lambda scope in record compact constructor - kdebski85 (@kdebski85)
- 43 commits
- 17 closed tickets & PRs
- Days since last release: 35