28-July-2019 - 6.17.0
The PMD team is pleased to announce PMD 6.17.0.
This is a minor release.
New and noteworthy
Updated PMD Designer
This PMD release ships a new version of the pmd-designer. For the changes, see PMD Designer Changelog. It contains a new feature to edit test cases directly within the designer. Any feedback is highly appreciated.
Being based on a proper Antlr grammar, CPD can:
- ignore comments
- honor comment-based suppressions
The Java rule
java-errorprone) ignores now by default
java.io.CharArrayWriter. Such streams/writers do not need to be closed.
The Java rule
java-errorprone) has now the new property
annotations. When one of the private constructors is annotated with one of the annotations, then the class is not considered non-instantiatable anymore and no violation will be reported. By default, Spring’s
@Autowiredand Java EE’s
@Injectannotations are recognized.
- #1913: [core] “-help” CLI option ends with status code != 0
- #1896: [doc] Error in changelog 6.16.0 due to not properly closed rule tag
- #1898: [doc] Incorrect code example for DoubleBraceInitialization in documentation on website
- #1906: [doc] Broken link for adding own CPD languages
- #1909: [doc] Sample usage example refers to deprecated ruleset “basic.xml” instead of “quickstart.xml”
- #1910: [java] ATFD calculation problem
- #1903: [java] UnsynchronizedStaticFormatter doesn’t allow block-level synchronization when using allowMethodLevelSynchronization=true
- #1902: [pslql] ParseException when parsing (+)
- #1666: [xml] wrong cdata rule description and examples
- #1869: [xml] fix #1666 wrong cdata rule description and examples - Artem
- #1892: [lua] [cpd] Added CPD support for Lua - Maikel Steneker
- #1905: [java] DataflowAnomalyAnalysis Rule in right order - YoonhoChoi96
- #1908: [doc] Update ruleset filename from deprecated basic.xml to quickstart.xml - crunsk
- #1916: [java] Exclude Autowired and Inject for MissingStaticMethodInNonInstantiatableClass - AnthonyKot
- #1917: [core] Add ‘no error’ return option, and assign it to the cli when the help command is invoked - Renato Oliveira