PMD Release Notes
25-Februar-2017 - 5.4.5
The PMD team is pleased to announce PMD 5.4.5
This is a bug fixing release.
New and noteworthy
- The Java rule UnusedModifier (ruleset java-unusedcode) has been expanded to consider more redundant modifiers.
- Annotations marked as abstract.
- Nested annotations marked as static.
- Nested annotations within another interface or annotation marked as public.
- Classes, interfaces or annotations nested within an annotation marked as public or static.
- Nested enums marked as static.
- #234: [core] Zip file stream closes spuriously when loading rulesets
- #256: [core] shortnames option is broken with relative paths
- #232: [java] SimplifiedTernary: Incorrect ternary operation can be simplified.
- #270: [java] LoD false positive
- #216: [java] [doc] NonThreadSafeSingleton: Be more explicit as to why double checked locking is not recommended
- #219: [java] UnnecessaryLocalBeforeReturn: ClassCastException in switch case with local variable returned
- #215: [java] RedundantFieldInitializer report for annotation field not explicitly marked as final
- #246: [java] UnusedModifier doesn’t check annotations
- #247: [java] UnusedModifier doesn’t check annotations inner classes
- #248: [java] UnusedModifier doesn’t check static keyword on nested enum declaration
- #257: [java] UnusedLocalVariable false positive
- #266: [java] corrected invalid reporting of LoD violation