26-June-2018 - 6.5.0
The PMD team is pleased to announce PMD 6.5.0.
This is a minor release.
Table Of Contents
New and noteworthy
- The new Apex rule
apex-errorprone) detects usages non-officially supported annotations. Apex supported non existent annotations for legacy reasons. In the future, use of such non-existent annotations could result in broken Apex code that will not compile. A full list of supported annotations can be found here
- The Java rule UnnecessaryModifier (
java-codestyle) now detects enum constrcutors with explicit
privatemodifier. The rule now produces better error messages letting you know exactly which modifiers are redundant at each declaration.
- #861: [ecmascript] InnaccurateNumericLiteral false positive with hex literals
- #1200: [java] New default NcssCount method report level is drastically reduced from values of deprecated NcssMethodCount and NcssTypeCount
- #715: [xml] ProjectVersionAsDependencyVersion false positive
The utility class
net.sourceforge.pmd.lang.java.ast.CommentUtilhas been deprecated and will be removed with PMD 7.0.0. Its methods have been intended to parse javadoc tags. A more useful solution will be added around the AST node
FormalComment, which contains as children
JavadocElementnodes, which in turn provide access to the
All comment AST nodes (
SingleLineComment) have a new method
getFilteredComment()which provide access to the comment text without the leading
AbstractCommentRule.tagsIndicesIn()has been deprecated and will be removed with PMD 7.0.0. It is not very useful, since it doesn’t extract the information in a useful way. You would still need check, which tags have been found, and with which data they might be accompanied.
- #836: [apex] Add a rule to prevent use of non-existent annotations - anand13s
- #1159: [ui] Allow to setup the auxclasspath in the designer - Akshat Bahety
- #1169: [core] Update stylesheets with a default namespace - Matthew Duggan
- #1183: [java] fixed typos in rule remediation - Jake Hemmerle
- #1206: [java] Recommend StringBuilder next to StringBuffer - krichter722